Game updates for August 2011

I don’t know how 2 years have passed since my last update. I got my new RTS up to a playable state about a year ago. I’ve got a test board with the monster models from my RPG and they are fighting each other. It looks pretty cool. I have most of the basic RTS components from my first RTS in it. I even have the network game pretty close to being playable.

However, I just got too busy and I had to put it on hold. I would have had to go through the code and refresh my memory about what I was focusing on at the time I took a break. So, instead of spending all that time, I decided to work on updates to my RPG and original RTS. My main focus is on my RPG since that has the best quality of the two games. I try to integrate common improvements to my RTS (and future RTS) whenever possible.

My next blog updates will list all of the improvements made in the new versions. I will also discuss the next game updates, including some exciting changes… such as an overhaul of my effects. I will finally add a true particle effects system and focus on adding fun effects during battles.

I am committed to working on my games for the rest of 2011. I hope to continue next year too as long as I have the time. Check back to keep updated on my progress. In the meantime, please give Birth of Shadows a try to see some of the new improvements! :)

Comments are closed.